I am a coder at heart. It's not uncommon to find me with a laptop catching up with my DVR and still working on some code. It's a passion that goes back to the late 90's when I developed my first website. For several years it was a passion that went unchanneled as I have always enjoyed the latest technology. Almost as soon as they introduced smart devices I knew it was where the future was at, even when you dropped them and it cleared their memory with no cloud backup.
At the Redmond Campus for the Elite Partner Preview of Windows vNext
Today I am all about Cloud and Mobile technology. This extends from building mobile apps exclusively with Xamarin allowing me to write my code once and deploy to a variety of platforms, to deploying and scaling out a website or web service with Azure. But it also extends to using tools like Visual Studio Team Services to Build & Test code whether the build server is in the cloud or on prem.
November 2014 with my team in Guatemala
Code certainly is a large part of my life today, but it is far from the only passion in my life. The images on this site are from trips I have taken. I have been extremely blessed to have many opportunities to travel in my life. Some of my trips have been to photograph storms as I was storm chasing. Several years ago I was able to travel to Haiti following the devastating earthquake and document the recovery as church here in San Diego helped to permanently open a medical clinic.
For the past 20 years I have been a certified diver and have also had the opportunity to do some amazing diving that few can say they have done. This includes trips to places like Cocos Island (Costa Rica), and Cozumel (Mexico). For several years I also volunteered my time with the Sheriff's Department's Underwater Search and Recovery where I was able to put my skills to use on a number of searches.
Touring the ruins at Tikal
Consulting & Services
2015 brought a lot of changes for me. One of which was the founding of AvantiPoint. AvantiPoint
is my consulting and services company. AvantiPoint is all about Cloud and Mobile Solutions. AvantiPoint along with it's partners is able to provide software and IT solutions from custom software, websites, Office 365, servers, networking, work stations, and technical support. For more information about AvantiPoint please email me
Open Source Projects
As a long time lover of open source projects I have regularly contributed to several open source projects including:
- Windows Client
- Windows Server 2008+
- Mac OSX
- CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Raspberrian
- Deployment & Configuration of MySQL/MariaDB in Windows & Linux Environments
- Deployment & Configuration of MSSQL Server
- In Standalone, Failover, and Always On Configurations
- Database design & implementations
- Entity Framework 6-7 using Code First and Database First approaches
- Microsoft Azure
- Private Cloud implementations including Windows Azure Pack
- Cloud based DevOps using Visual Studio Team Services, Mobile Center, Azure and Xamarin Test Cloud
- ASP.Net ( Forms, MVC, & Web API )
- XHTML, HTML5, CSS, LESS, SASS
- Various frameworks including jQuery, Angular, and Bootstrap
- C# ( Preferred )
- Xamarin for Cross Platform Mobile Development